Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Kids Rock!

Day One is done for Hannah's performance and what a performance it was!!! All their hard work, practice, and efforts paid off and the performance was AMAZING!

Pictures were a little hard to take as our seats were towards the middle and the lighting made it difficult. One of the cool things is they took shots of the kids yesterday in dress rehearsal and are selling 5x7 group shots, etc. So when I get those when we come back from being off track, I'll scan those in and share them. This is Hannah's (and one other class) number. They sang and danced to "It's a Hard Knock Life" from the musical Annie. They're all dressed up as different jobs that parents would have because they changed the wording to sound as though adults are singing about their hard knock lives as working professionals. Not a real good picture of Hannah as a maid, but she was cute!!!Mommy and Daddy brought her a bouquet of purple carnations and she was surprised!! Tonight, we're having a special dinner in her honor for all her hard work and practice and effort she's put into this performance. She picked the menu (hamburgers and onion rings) and Gramma and Papa are joining us for her special celebratory evening!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I was trying to pick Hannah out of the crowd. Is that her on the left with her face half obscured by a boy? :D

Kim said...

Oh, I also meant to say I hope her nerves are better now that the performances are underway!

Darcy said...

See, it was hard to get a picture of her. I'm actually going back tomorrow to retake the video. Her teacher asked me to video it so the class could watch it on Friday, but Steven only got half the audio today. So hopefully, I'll be able to get a better picture of her tomorrow.

But yes, if you click on the picture to make it big, on the far left hand side, she has a little boy in front of her obstructing our full view.

I also realized I forgot to add a picture or two to this post.

Kim said...

Yeah, I thought that was her! It's so frustrating to not be able to get good pictures at events like this. Better luck tomorrow! :D