Friday, September 05, 2008

TGIF / Homework Woes

Thank goodness it's Friday, which not only does that mean we are on the brink of having two days off, but more importantly, it means NO HOMEWORK!!!

Hannah has a lot of homework this year. She usually has three worksheets, reading, multiplication sheet to do and be timed on, multiplication flash cards, and spelling words. It's a lot more than last years one worksheet and reading for 20 minutes.

This week and last, we've not had the reading, because we've had to work her diorama, that is due next Tuesday. And working on that takes longer than the usual reading we have.

My friend back East said the work load in 3rd grade was a lot more.

I didn't believe her.

Now I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems unusual to me for a worksheet to need to be timed. I remember lots of worksheets coming home with the children in my family, but I don't remever them ever needing a stop watch.