Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

Mother's Day. Some Mothers wake up to breakfast in bed. Some wake up to flowers and homemade cards. What do I wake up to?? Not one kid with gunky eyes, but BOTH girls with gunky and crusty eyes. LOL.

I got the flowers and homemade cards too, in addition to the crusty eyes. LOL. I spent the beginning of my Mother's Day at Urgent Care where my predetermined diagnosis of an eye infection was confirmed. Both girls are on antibiotic eye drops and are considered contagious. Thus we couldn't go to the Mother's Day BBQ at my grandmother's house this afternoon, nor were we able to spend any time with my mom for Mother's Day.

The kicker of it all, Hannah has only 10 school days left in this school year. Ten days. As mentioned in a prior post, she has perfect attendance. I guess I can say 'she had' perfect attendance. The Pediatrician said she can't go to school tomorrow. Despite the fact the contaguousness will be minimal after a few doses of the drops, to play it safe, she should not be around other children until it's been a full 24 hours on the drops.

Depending on how the girls are tomorrow morning, I'm seriously considering taking advantage of Hannah being out of school and going to Disneyland first thing in the morning. The girls act perfectly fine. Their eyes don't look nearly as bad as they did when they woke up, and should only get better with the drops. We'll see how they are in the morning.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, what a bummer...only 10 days short of the goal!

Well, Happy Mother's Day anyway, Darcy!