Friday, May 09, 2008

Hannah's Mother Day Gift

Hannah has never been one to wait to give me any gifts she's made in school. This Mother's Day was no different. As soon as we were in the car this afternoon, she wanted me to open my present. I convinced her to at least let me open it once we got home.

Inside her pretty decorated bag, was this stand of flip cards. And in it, included different 'thank yous' and compliments. Accompanying each, was a picture.

For example:

* I was thanked for taking her to Disneyland - accompanied by a drawing of Tinkerbell flying over the castle

* I was told I was the best mom in the world - with a picture of her and me, her holding a sign that says "#1 Mom"

* I thanked for driving her to school - with a killer drawing of our van and me looking out the window

* I was thanked for making dinner - with a drawing of me at the stove

* I was told I was nice, pretty, and the best at crafts - all with accompanying drawings

There were a couple of times this afternoon and evening that I whipped out those handy dandy cards on my defense. LOL.

When she said I was mean - I showed her proof that she thought I was nice.

When she said I was unfair - showed her proof that she thought I was the best mom in the world.

Both times it got a chuckle out of her.

And after dinner was all gone, and low and behold it was a meal she liked, she whipped out the "thank you for making us dinner" card.


*** The roses I got to pick this evening when we were at Costco. ***

2 comments:

Kim said...

LOL! That's funny!

I remember when we adopted and the judge read the decree, one of the things it says is "...because petitioners love this child..." I joked that if Ryan ever says we don't love him we have a legal document proving that we do!

Liz said...

LOL! I love how you used the cards to defend yourselves today. How funny!