Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Southern California Fires

I've received several emails from internet friends checking in to make sure we're okay out here in Southern California, I thought perhaps others might be wondering as well.

We are okay and in no danger of the fires. The nearest major fire is about 30 miles away. But because of where we live, we're kinda in the middle of all the major Southern California fires. Still, none are close.

The only thing that is directly affecting us is the smoke filled air and all the ash floating in the air. We've not opened any windows or sliding doors in days, first because the winds and dust were so bad and now because of the smoke. It's pretty bad. I took the above picture on Monday afternoon, before the worst hit.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad to hear you're all safe (I figured you were which is why I hadn't asked, not because I don't care!), but I know how choking that smoke can be. Lord willing, the firefighters can get a handle on it in the next few days!

Darcy said...

LOL. I know you know where we are location wise and where the fires are in relation to that. So I knew you knew we were safe as far as flames go. LOL.