Wednesday, October 24, 2007

School Closed, Due to Unhealthful Air Conditions

We received a recorded message this evening on behalf of the Superintendent of our School District stating that due to the unhealthful air conditions from the fires, school will be closed tomorrow and Friday and will resume on Monday.

As excited as she was to have gone back to school three days ago, Hannah is excited to be getting a four day weekend.

The kids haven't been out playing in the smokey and ash infested air at school the past couple of days, they've been on "Rainy Day" schedule, which means, students aren't out at recess and no one is out to play at lunch. Makes for some pretty stir crazy students...and teachers by the end of the day.

3 comments:

Kim said...

So is there a Disneyland trip in store or is it too smoky there also?

Enjoy your bonus days off, Hannah!

Darcy said...

No trips to Disneyland for many reasons:

The next few days are rather busy ones. Tonight I am having my Women's Bible Fellowship group over for our Koinonia. So today I'm cleaning and preparing the house for that.

Tomorrow is a doctors appt, this weekend is an Open House where my Dad works (just moved to a brand spanking new facility) and we get a tour, etc. And then we're going out to dinner that night with my parents and brother and sister in law for dinner for my Mom's birthday. On Sunday, Steven and I are going out for a nice dinner just the two of us for my birthday...because on Monday, my actual birthday, Hannah has karate in the evening.

In addition to all that....there's now the smoke factor. The Santiago fires/Irvine fires-while they aren't close to Disneyland, the skies are just filled with smoke everywhere and it's just not good to be out in it.

I just got home from picking up Rachel from preschool and we stood outside and let the girls play on the playground for a bit with their cousins, and just that 20 minutes outside I can feel some wheezing in my chest. I'm tellin ya, the air is B-A-D.

Anonymous said...

We are going to that magical place 4 days in a row. We will let you know how it was :) Just kidding! Hope all is well with you all, have fun tonight!