Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday Shopping

For the last several years, my mom and I have gone out shopping the day after Thanksgiving to take advantage of the great deals to be had. This year my mom suggested that perhaps Hannah be invited into the tradition. Truth be told, I was hesitant about that idea, her lack of patience in just going to the grocery store for a few things is enough to drive me crazy, so I couldn't imagine how she would do with standing in long lines, constantly be asking if she could have 'this' or have 'that'. Much to my surprise, she was a perfect angel all day long! Course who wouldn't be when you have your Mommy and your Gramma all to yourself all day long.

The last couple of years we've gone out shopping, we take the stroller to carry our packages, etc. Only once have we ever had someone actually ask where the baby was. LOL. This year Hannah filled the seat of the stroller. The night before, we packed Hannah's purse. In addition to her money and a few snacks, I had her bring a long a little notebook and a pencil so that she could write down things she saw that she wanted. How cute she was when she would take her little notebook out and sit on the floor and write down what she wanted. Here she is writing things down in the aisles of Target. Hannah said she had a fun day, I guess we'll see how fun she thought it was come next year if she wants to go again!

No comments: