Thursday, July 06, 2006

1st Day Update

Hannah's 1st day of school went well. She was pretty worn out after such a long day. They read lots of stories and did a lot of coloring and drawing. Just trying to get into a new routine I'm sure.

Last night was Back to School night, we went back and Daddy and Gramma (Papa was working late) got to see her classroom and meet her teacher. The positive reinforcements and running of the classroom is a lot like that of her Kindergarten teacher, so there shouldn't be too much adjustment with that.

Hannah informed me last night that I no longer needed to walk her to her classroom, as I did the entire Kindergarten year. She said I could just drop her off and she'd be fine. So that's what I did this morning. I went through the drop off line. She kissed and hugged Rachel goodbye and then kissed me goodbye and then jumped out of the van and went on her way. LOL. She's getting so big!!!

She's on the far left, carrying a pink lunchbox.


While I am saddened she longer wants me to walk her to class, I have to admit that taking her to school today was a much quicker trip for me. LOL. No getting out of the car, getting Rachel out of her car seat, walking to the classroom, coming back and getting back into the car. Much quicker indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are getting way too big. When did this happen?

Darcy said...

I'm not sure, but it felt like it was overnight. LOL.