Friday, April 14, 2006

Let the Celebration Begin...

Hannah's birthday celebration has begun! She took homemade cookies to school today. Last month for St. Patricks Day, I made green cookies and sent them to school. Well, they were such a hit with all her classmates that she promised her friends I would make those cookies for when she got to bring a special treat for her birthday. And that's what I made. I was happy to hear the report back that they were again a huge hit!

Because it was Hannah's birthday, she got to pick a book from a book basket. She's been talking about which one she was going to choose all week long. She was going to pick the Curious George
book so that she could read it to Rachel. How sweet is that? Rachel was so excited to see the book when Hannah brought it home.

Needless to say, Hannah is excited for her birthday dinner tonight!

3 comments:

Kim said...

So what kind of cookies were they? Want to share the recipe? :D

Darcy said...

They are soooo simple!

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box any Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheeet and bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes.

They are good not frosted and they are good frosted. I use the canned frosting when I frost these cookies. For St Patricks Day, I simply added green food coloring to the ingredients. LOL. For Hannah's birthday, I made them plain and frosted them with purple frosting.

Kim said...

Oh, yeah, I remember those! They were popular when we lived in Memphis, but I have forgotten about them.

Thanks for sharing.