Friday, December 23, 2005

On the Mend...Finally

I think Hannah is finally on the mend. For the past few days she's been giving us such fits about eating and drinking anything, which she needs prior to her antibiotics. We've offered her everything and anything to eat...even offering her ice cream for breakfast and dinner, and yet she still didn't take that chance! I really think she was starting to get dehydrated as she was lethargic and haddry lips, etc. Because everytime I did get her to drink something she would perk up. I can't express the stress the couple of days have been. But I think she's finally turned for the better.

She spent the afternoon with Gramma, helping make beautiful center pieces for the Christmas Dinner Table (will post pics later this weekend) and just hanging out. Gramma to the rescue!...she got her to eat and drink quite a bit during their visit. On the way home from Gramma and Papa's house I was playing the dreaded "what will you eat" questions, and she said that Chicken Fingers from Applebees sounded good. So I had her call Daddy on the cell phone and told him to get ready and we took her to get Chicken Fingers! She ate two big ones! Thank Goodness! She took her medicines without a fight this evening as well. Whatever lecture Gramma gave her worked!!! (Thanks Mom!)

Here's to another night of her sleeping the night through and having an even better day tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm glad she's feeling better in time for Christmas!