Thursday, July 29, 2010

1st Day of 5th Grade

Today is the first day of school. I can't believe it, but Hannah is in the 5th grade! We found out yesterday who her teacher was and what classroom, and who her classmates are. She's been placed in a 5th/6th grade combo class where only nine of the thirty students are 5th graders. All summer, I've been praying that the Lord would place her in just the right class, with the right people, etc. Last year was full of so much drama and I wished for a different circumstances year this year. Well, the Lord heard my prayers. Hannah has no friends in her class. Not one. There are two kids in her class from last year, but neither one does she know well. It's a little sad on one hand, but on the other hand, I think she's going to have a great year of being able to focus on her classwork, etc. And she's with older kids (6th graders) and she'll fit in just fine. School gets out at 2:15, it'll be good to hear how her day went.

2 comments:

Kim said...

How sad was she not to have any friends in her class? :( I hope it's a great school year for her though!

I used to just see Steven when I saw pictures of Hannah, but in this close-up picture, I totally see you in her! She's beautiful. :)

Darcy said...

Ah, shucks, you're sweet. Thanks for the compliment.

It was sad that she didn't have ANY friends in her class. The more I thought about it, the sadder it made me. But i prayed all summer long that the Lord would place her where HE wanted her and with who. And He did just that. LOL. There was soooo much drama last year in her class and it really affected her.

So far the last two days have been GREAT. She sees her friends at lunch and at recess and loves her teacher and says it looks to be a great year.