Monday, July 28, 2008

New School Year = New Chore Chart

The starting of the new school year is like a new year for me, starting fresh. New routines, new experiences, and new chores!!

Today we went to the Dollar Tree and picked up some poster board and cute boarder in the teacher section. And this afternoon, Hannah's new chore chart went up on her door. I've done the sticker chore charts in the past, where she earns a sticker when a job is well done, etc. That only lasts for a couple of weeks and then the chart has blanks and holes and is forgotten all together. So I simply listed out what is expected of her in the morning, afternoon/evening, and anytime. This evening after dinner, I tried giving Hannah a new chore...sweeping the kitchen floor! Our six year nephew has been doing this for some time, and I figured it was high time our eight year learned! She did a fantastic job!! And I think if I took the time to teach her how to clean and do things, she might just turn out to be as good and detailed cleaner as her Daddy!!

No comments: