Monday, September 24, 2007

A Trip to the Library

This morning we went to the Downtown Library. I spent a lot of time at this particular library growing up whether it was the summer reading programs, checking out books to bring home, and the older I got, doing research for papers, etc. Today was the first time I'd taken the girls there. Usually we go to the little library in the city where Hannah goes to school and we pass by several times a day. I thought going to the big library would be something new and different for the girls.The library has a children's room and it's exactly as I remember it from years ago, even smells the same. LOL. As a new library card holder for this library, I could only check out two books this time. So each of the girls picked a book and we brought them home. Hannah chose a chapter book and has already read seven chapters just today! She's excited to get the book finished and go back for another.

No comments: