Monday, May 28, 2007

"I Was Bored"

Hannah went home with some friends after church yesterday. All the girls were having such a great time that Hannah spended the night. She came home this afternoon when we got together for an early afternoon BBQ. The kids had all gone outside, and my friend tells me what Hannah told her on the way to our house...that she had a button up her nose.

HUH??? Apparently Friday afternoon she stuck a button up her nose because she was "bored". Of course I paniced at first, I sure didn't want to go to the ER on Memorial Day afternoon. Let alone the thoughts of things that could go wrong...blockage, traveling up into her sinuses, etc.

Steven told her to blow her nose, and when she did, out came the button. It was about the size of a dime! I gave her a lecture about not sicking anything in any holes - ears, nose, mouth. And the next time she was bored, to come find me I'd give her something to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, a button!? Ouch!! At least she blew and didn't sniff...HA!

Kim said...

LOL! Well, thankfully it came out easily.

We had this discussion with the kids on Memorial Day as well. We went geocaching and they had gotten some small change out of a couple caches. When we were in the van I turned around and Ryan had a penny stuck in one ear and a dime in the other, so of course Abby was doing it too. Kids!

Melany aka Supermom said...

oh these kids! Quintus once pushed a peanut up his nose and we had to go to ER to get it out. He was just three though..thankfully he hasn't tried that again. Glad to hear it came out so easily