Saturday, April 21, 2007

Carlsbad Flower Fields

Today we drove to Carlsbad to spend the day with Uncle Bart. Earlier in the week we arranged to go to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. The flower fields are in full bloom and simply beautiful.

It has been pretty gloomy here the last few days, so it was wonderful when we reached the coast and there were blue skies and the sun was shinning. Made for some really pretty pictures. I was also pretty happy that Hannah was in a very cooperative mood for letting me take so many pictures of her!
The Flower Fields streched on and on. This particular field of flowers made me think of the Poppy Field in The Wizard of Oz and the Wicked Witch of the West saying "Poppies... Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep". LOL. One of the neat things to do at the Flower Fields, was the Sweet Pea Maze. The Sweet Pea Hedge was about five feet tall and just kept going and going, with lots of deadends and backtracking. After about fifteen minutes of not being able to figure it out, and starting to feel a little claustrophic as to not being able to find my way out, I went out the way I came in, through the entrance. LOL. Hannah, Steven, and Rachel on the other hand were troopers and figured out the maze and came out the EXIT. Going to the Flower Fields was really a neat thing to see and do. I'm not sure how much Hannah really enjoyed it, but she was a good trooper with all the walking and had fun collecting stamps in her little booklet.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Those are some really adorable pictures of her!

Darcy said...

I know! I was so happy she was in such a cooperative mood that day! LOL