Friday, March 09, 2007

A Week of Perfect Mornings

Mornings around here can be pretty caotic. It's usually a struggle to get Hannah up and moving and ready for school. And it's a fight to get her to eat. Having been off for a whole month, and not forcing Hannah to get up or to eat, I was really dreading going back to school for the sole purpose of how bad our mornings usually are.

Suprisingly, on Tuesday, Hannah was up, dressed, bed made, hair done, and breakfast eaten by 7:15, all without a struggle. It was wonderful!! I made a deal with her that if our mornings could be that good for the next three mornings, I would take her to the Book Fair on Friday morning and she could get what she wanted.

I'm so happy to say, the rest of the week was just as perfect and I took Hannah to the Book Fair this morning and she got two books and a bookmark. I'm currently working on a deal with her for next week...five good mornings and I'd take her to Starbucks on the way home from school. The negotiations are still in the works on that one. LOL.

Now, I'm dreading the time change this weekend and how dark it will be when she needs to be getting up for school. :::Sigh:::

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great job, Hannah! Mornings aren't my thing either. :d