Sunday, September 10, 2006

Karate Tournament

Today was the day!

Hannah has been nervous off and on all week leading up to today, but when it came down to competing and performing her forms, still being nervous, she did an awesome job!!

While she didn't place in trophies, every kid who competed walked away a winner with a participation trophy. A trophy in which she is extremely proud of this evening!

Performing her 8-step form

Sparring with another girl her age. Hannah is on the right.

With her instructor having just had a "pep/great job" talk.
This isn't the best picture, but I love it none the less.

With her trophy!
This was Hannah's first ever individual competition and boy did she have a cheering section - her parents, both sets of grandparents, two cousins, and Rachel! We're all so very proud of her for going and competing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, you did a great job today. I was very proud of what you did, and you are a very good sport. Keep working on your moves.
Love Ya, Papa

Theresa said...

Way to go, Hannah! I didn't place in my first tournament either, but I did in my second. 2nd place in sparring!!! (my dad always said I was good in a fight... came from having so many brothers!) :o)

Keep it up and have loads of fun!!!

Kim said...

How fun, Hannah! Wish we could have been there.