Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Passing of a Furry Friend

Sadly, my parents dog, Wendy, turned for the worse over the weekend, which resulted in her being put down this afternoon. Hannah has spent the last two days at my parents house, just getting in some playtime with her, noticing Wendy wasn't quite herself.

I went with my mom to the Vet, so she wouldn't have to do this alone, but I don't think I was much help, I was sad and tearful thinking this was the end of our time with Wendy.

Hannah took the news pretty hard. My parents have had Wendy since before Hannah was even born, so Hannah has essentially grown up over the last six years with a dog at Gramma and Papa's house.

Gramma gave Hannah some special things that belonged to Wendy as a keepsake. The loss of Wendy will hopefully get easier over time.

2 comments:

McKenzie said...

so sad about Wendy...she was such a good doggy! she'll be missed.

I like the new look! Where did you find it?

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about Wendy. Give your mom my sympathies too.