Monday, April 24, 2006

The Countdown is On...

As of today, Hannah only has 5 weeks left in her Kindergarten year! It's so hard to believe that soon, she'll be a 1st grader, who'll be packing her lunch and staying all day for school! Whatever will I do with my time?? LOL. Are you kidding?... I've already got it figured that I can make it to my Happy Place and back in the amount of time Hannah will be at school! Although I know a trip to our Happy Place wouldn't be the same without Hannah.

Some of the parents have been talking, and it looks as though there will only be one 1st grade class on our track next year, so more than likely, our class will be together in the 2006-2007 school year. This is such a wonderful advantage of being on a year round track schedule. Our class this year has been great, with the exception of two or three students. LOL. The parent involvement and outpouring of support and generous donations when it comes to parties, and participation in Teacher Appreciation Week have been beyond what you would ever expect in a public school setting. We really do have a great class!

3 comments:

McKenzie said...

Time sure does fly! Holy canolli!! Wasn't she just in preschool, like the other day??? It will be nice for you to get some extra one on one time with Rachel!! Sounds like a good plan!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your kids go to school a full day from Grade 1? Our kids don't even go full day in Grade 12 :)
I wonder if you have sports during the day? Our kids go back in the afternoon for sport practises

Darcy said...

Hannah's kindergarten class is from 8:05am to 11:39am.

From 1st grade through 6th grade it's 8:10-2:30 I think. And I don't know what the Jr High and High School hours are.