Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Obsessed with Narnia

For some reason, Hannah is obsessed with the new movie, The Chronicles of Narnia. Her and Steven saw it opening weekend, and ever since then she's been asking when they could see it again. After days of having a good attitude, and being obedient (for the most part), she and Steven went last night to see it again. She enjoyed it just as much the second time as the first.

For the last several weeks, McDonalds has had Chronicles of Narnia toys in their Happy Meals. I am so relieved to say that as of today...we have the entire set of the 8 toys!!!! We've had a duplicate toy that we've been trying to trade in for a few days. Today after school, we went to four, yes four, different McDonalds in attempts to obtain the last toy to complete the collection. We found the final piece at a McDonalds inside Walmart, who claims to have had all 8 of the toys today. Next time we're collecting Happy Meal toys, that's the first place I'm going!

Each of the toy figurines also comes with a cool pop up book. Hannah was so excited to complete her collection. I on the other hand am done with McDonalds for a while!! I wasn't even this dedicated to completing a set when they had the Disney toys a while back!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

You got an ASLAN!!! My little brother manages a McDonald's and he says they ran out of Aslan super quick. Everyone wanted one. I asked him to save my oldest son, Nate, one, but that's the only way we got one! I'm impressed! :o)

Darcy said...

Oh wow. Even cooler then!!!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool.... we are getting the same toys here in South Africa at McDonalds!

Kim said...

Wished I had known...we've been giving them away to other kids at the restaurant since our kids won't see the movie for years (actually I may not let them see it till they read the books...mean homeschool Mommy!) and we've gotten almost two full sets of their toddler toys already! We've been going to McDonald's so much so the kids can play. All this rain is making it impossible to be outside. Next time you want a full set of something be sure to let me know (they had Aslan at our McDonlad's yesterday)!

Darcy said...

LOL. Will do!!!

Steven and Hannah have been reading the book. They were more than 3/4 of the way done with the book when they saw the movie the first time.

Kim said...

I read it again before it came out, and I've just finished reading the next one. I may just keep reading the whole series. I'm not sure I ever finished it as a child.