Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day

Christmas Day started off at home with stockings and opening presents. We decided years ago, before we had children, we'd only do three gifts on Christmas, because Jesus got three gifts for His birthday! But when you add in the presents from out-of-town Aunts and Uncles send, it usually ends up being a few more than just three to open.
Growing up, one of my favorite memories of Christmas was our stocking! Mom used to do them up GOOD! She continued until we were adults, and then stopped because it just got too expensive to fill the stockings she had quilted...mainly because as we grew into adults, our stocking stuffers became more expensive! This is one tradition I've tried to carry on with my own children. I pick up stocking stuffers all year long and usually end up with way too much. This year, Hannah's stocking was filled to the brim because I can always find so many cute things to put in there that I know she'll love!

She was excited to get the My Little Pony Butterfly Island, and a sky dancer thingy that she saw on TV. She was also excited to get more clothes for her little Build a Bear that she got when she started Kindergarten.
From here, we went over to Gramma and Papa's. Where we joined Uncle Robbie, Auntie, McKenzie, and Haylee, and Uncle Bart for Christmas Dinner and more presents!!! When my mom stopped doing stockings for us kids, she started filling them for the grandkids...once she started getting some. LOL. Here is Hannah with her stocking:
When we got home from Gramma and Papa's house, Grandpa Steve was here and he had a gift for Hannah, this cool riding thingy that you make go by swiveling the steering wheel. It can hold up to 300lbs, so both Steven and I are looking forward to trying it out today!
Once again, the kids got A LOT of great things! They are defiantely well loved and spoiled!! Now comes the hard part of finding homes for all the stuff!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Dad told me about his "riding thingy," and I've been wondering what it looked like!

Glad Hannah had a great Christmas!