Sunday, August 14, 2005

A New Seat!

For the last 4 1/2 years, Hannah has been in a 5 point car seat. Here in California, it's a law that kids be in a car seat or booster seat until they are 6 years old AND 60 lbs. I had been thinking about changing her out of her car seat into a Booster seat for a few months. A Booster seat simply boosts the kid up a little higher and uses the seat belt of the car. I've been watching the other Kindergarteners getting in and out of their cars for the last several weeks to see what kind of Booster seats they are in. I have been amazed by the amount of kids who aren't even in car seats!! Not only is it a law, but what about the safety of your child?!?

So I finally settled on a Booster seat and went and bought it Saturday morning. Hannah LOVES it! Here she is enjoying her new seat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on her new seat. Here in South Africa most children STAND in the car and aren't in car seats. My kids are though. Quintus (5) is also in a booster seat

Kim said...

I can't wait till we get to the booster seat stage. I think they have to be 40 pounds here in Oregon, but I'll have to check. It looks like a really comfy seat.

Darcy said...

Hannah could have been in a Booster seat earlier than now...but we had the car seat that was working, so I figured why change??? LOL.

But shortly before school started, I got to thinking that kids could tease her if they saw her get out of a "baby" car seat (the 5 point harness). Thus the reason I wanted to look into a Booster. I've just been dragging my feet in getting one until this weekend. LOL.