Monday, August 01, 2005

A Lunch Date with a New Friend

Last week, a mother of one of Hannah's classmates approached me and said that Hannah was all her little boy talked about and how he would love to have a playdate with her. She said she'd look at her work schedule for this week and let me know when was a good day. This was an entirely new experience for me. LOL. Hannah's only ever played with children whom we are friends with the parents.

This morning before school, Austyn's mom asked if we had anything going on after school and could she take Hannah home with her after school. I suggested we go to lunch at McDonalds so that we could get to know one another.

Both Hannah and I had a great time. I discovered they are are a strong Christian family who have a lot of the same values and thoughts on bringing up children as us. Austyn's mom also works in the medical profession and is just as germaphobic as I am.

The kids really enjoyed themselves and already have another playdate lined up for Friday after school, when we'll go to Austyn's house to play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great!! So nice that she is already making special friends