Tuesday, July 05, 2005

1st Day of Kindergarten

The morning started off a little rough. Unfortunately, due to being up late last night watching fireworks, I had to wake Hannah up. I had a hard time getting her out of bed...and an even harder time trying to convince her she needed to eat breakfast. LOL. Once we were out the door, everything went fine.


We arrived at school and were greeted by friends from church, whose sons are classmates of Hannah's. We talked, took a few pictures, and then proceeded to the Kindergarten classroom.


Hannah had no hestitation in going right into the classroom to explore. Shortly after arriving, the parent orientation began and we were informed that after the orientation, we were to take our child home with us. The first day of Kindergarten was simply the orientation. Hannah was sure disappointed we wouldn't be leaving her! LOL. Following the orientation, the teacher had a classroom scavenger hunt for the kids to do...things like finding your name throughout the classroom, finding your cubby and taking your folder out, locating the restrooms, finding the teacher, and finally ending with locating the cookie and juice table outside!


Tonight, the PTA is holding an ice cream social, followed by an Open House. We're taking Gramma and Papa so Hannah can show them her classroom and meet her teacher!


Tomorrow, Hannah must be able to kiss me goodbye and leave me at the door. I'm sure she won't have a problem with doing just that! I might shed some tears though. LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! I can't believe it! Kindergarten! She looks so sweet! Yeah Hannah!! We are so proud of you!

Yesterday, McKenzie said she was going to school too. She waved bye and walked away with a bag on her arm... of course she was just heading down the hallway, but I could have cried and she is not even there yet. I can't imagine what it'll be like when that day really comes..bittersweet, I am sure.


Auntie

Kim said...

You look very pretty, Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Hannah looks just like Darcy did 26 years ago, standing in front of the same fireplace, on her first day of school.. I had to bite my lip as not to cry... where does time go?

Anonymous said...

Oh they grow up so quickly!!