Friday, March 10, 2006

Don't Grumble Over Spilled Milk

Steven received a call on his work phone this morning from Hannah's school. Positive thoughts aren't the first thing that come to mind when you see the school name pop up on Caller ID. First thing I thought of was that Hannah was sick. No, it was much simpler than that. Hannah had spilled chocolate milk on her clothes and simply needed a change of clothes. LOL.

At first I was kinda annoyed, for a couple of reasons: 1) I had just put Rachel down for a nap and she was already asleep 2) it's not just a short drive up the street to the school. It's a ten mile round trip to the school. and 3) she only had an hour left of school! Couldn't she just deal with the spilled milk til I picked her up?? LOL. By the time I took her clean clothes and came home, it'd be time for me to leave and go get her from school. I sure didn't want to do that!

Thankfully, one of the perks of having a husband who works from home is that I was able to leave Rachel napping. I got to the school and helped Hannah change into new clothes and then I went ahead and signed in and helped in the classroom for the remainder of the schoolday. Hannah was glad I did that, she always enjoys having me in the classroom helping out. And I was glad I was able to do that and was sorry for having grumbled over spilled milk.

No comments: